- Reservations are Required: As our tours quickly reach capacity, we highly recommend reserving as soon as possible.
- Schedule: Sundays
- Time: 8:30 a.m
- Foreign Language: Spanish tour is TBA
- Duration: approximately 4 hours (2 hours of a walking tour and 2 hours of a service)
- Meeting Place: In front of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture [515 Malcolm X Blvd, New York, NY 10037]
- End Point: Harlem gospel church
Learn about African American gospel music
Enjoy a neighborhood tour of the cultural capital of Black America and experience the soulful sounds of gospel music. Explore the streets of greats like Billie Holiday, Malcolm X, and Michael Jackson while viewing legendary sites like the Apollo Theater, the Abyssinian Baptist Church, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Striver’s Row, Hotel Theresa, and much more. After the neighborhood tour, you also have a chance to enjoy a gospel performance at a service in a local church.
- This tour is wheelchair-accessible.
- Out of respect for the congregation hosting us, please dress appropriately and refrain from wearing flip-flops, tank tops, or shorts.
- This Harlem gospel tour is included in the New York Pass, Explorer Pass, and Go City Build Your Own Pass.
- This tour will be conducted in line with our COVID Health and Safety measures.